Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

VW JETTA - Trunk will not open with remote or by interior trunk

VW JETTA - Trunk will not open with remote or by interior trunk opening switch. Doors will not lock with either remote or manual key
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.
do the lights in the remote flash?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
remote flashes red
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

does the fuel door switch work ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

when u use the key in the cylinder in the trunk does the rotation feel funny ?

example

binding , any noise, crunching etc?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Opened the trunk with key. Came unlocked with no funny sounds. Closed trunk and doors automatically locked. Remote still does not work - only flashes red. Inside door trunk opening switch still does not work. Inside fuel door switch works.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

ok go the drivers door and unlock the car w/ the key in the cylinder turn to unlock the car twice !!

does all of the doors unlock? and then open the drivers door does the interior lights come on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The car automatically unlocks and stays unlocked until I open and shut the trunk. Then the locks engage until I put the key in. When I lock the driver's door with the key it locks, while the other three doors stay unlocked until I do the trunk thing again. The interior light does not come on with the driver door open.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

ok most likely u have a drivers door latch needs to be replaced first !!

when u open the door on the drivers side it should light up the interior lights!!

now a scan tool is almost needed to clear out the faults and then recheck!!

the remotes may come back and work again but until replacement of the drivers door latch remotes is useless!!

I THINK I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION FULLY AND DEPOSITS DOES NOT PAY ME SO........

PLEASE PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON FOR THE CONSULTATATION GIVEN

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL!!

BONUSES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED FOR MY EXPERTISE!!

Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience: Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs