Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

i have 2002 jetta vw 1.8T how to fix code p-0411 ia change

i have 2002 jetta vw 1.8T how to fix code p-0411 ia change boost pressure valve N 75 and still on the engine light
Customer

This can be a difficult one to diagnose without a scan tool but it's usually a vacuum line. The way the system works is the engine computer opens the valve (number 11) and that opens valve 1 using vacuum as the pump (16) kicks on and draws air from the airbox, blows it through valve 1 into the exhaust. So basically usually the vacuum lines to 11 or 1 are broken. Check that first. Number 1 is on the side of the cylinder head near all the coolant hoses. Then follow the vacuum line that comes off of that and runs up to teh tray bolted to the front of the intake manifold.

Let me know.

Here's a picturegraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if drive my car whin this code for couples weeks can broke
For a couple of weeks nothing, it's just an emissions thing. Eventually the pump will fail if the valve is stuck shut and those are spendy. I'm talking a few months though.

Danny