Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

On my 03 Jetta 1.8T, I have found (hear) a vacuum hose leak

On my 03 Jetta 1.8T, I have found (hear) a vacuum hose leak from the lower front of the engine. What hose(s) do I need replace in that location?
Thank you...
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

sounds like the vac hose assembly for the breather system is oil rotted away and cracked

advice to replace all crancase breather parts (because so brittle they will break when touching them ) and the vac hoses for the intake system where the 2 vac valves are mounted follow the vac lines and u will see what is broken

common thing w/ age!!

i think i have answered your question fully and deposits does not pay me so..........

thank you for your support and feedback

bonuses are greatly appreciated!!

Happy Holidays!!

Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience: Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you be specific about the vacuum hoses in the lower front of the engine, I've replaced all the vacuum hoses on top of the engine? Can you tell me the part numbers for the hose(s) here so I can order them? Thank you
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.
need pic of engine w/o the top engine cover because there are 3 styles of breather system please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So here are my photos... You can see I've replaced all hoses on top of the engine - but can you tell me what hoses exist beneath this manifold (arrows) so I can order them.

Thanks!

graphic

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

take the other cover off and follow the plastic line that goes down w/ the grommet on the plastic line the work is needed underneath!!!

looks like u did the upper half and quite well

the nitty gritty is underneath!!!

usually there is a hose split in half longways start wiggling and the noise will change!!

thank you for your support and feedback

bonuses are greatly appreciated!!

Happy Holidays!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know where the leak is, what I need to know is what the hose is - so I can order it.

Do you know what the hose is called? Can you help me with a part number for it?

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

vin # XXXXX and some time please

thanks