vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

2003 VW jetta: engine light..waterpump..catalytic converter

Customer Question

I have a 2003 VW jetta I had a blinking chck engine light then it went away a few months later came back on and it was the waterpump. Two weeks after that it came on again this time it was the catalytic converter. Now it is blinking and then goes solid. I am thinking this is an O2 sensor malfunction. Which in turn if not fixed can cause your catalytic converter to go out. My question is would the dealer replace the o2 sensor when they replaced the catalytic converter?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to just answer!

When the dealer replaces the catalyc converter they don't replace the 02 sensor they just trasfer them from the old cat to the new one. Just have the check engine light checked and see what faults you have stored in the computer.

Please don't forget to click accept for the advice given to you today thanks!