Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

I have a code of P0411 in a 2001 VW Jetta, 2.0L L4. Secondary

I have a code of P0411 in a 2001 VW Jetta, 2.0L L4. "Secondary air injedtion system incorrect flow". What needs to be done?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.
It's a bit hard to diagnose without a scan tool. Basically you need to follow the 1 inch plastic pipe from the little pump bolted to the motor up front to the little valve on the side of the cylinder head. Check to see that the hose is connected to that valve and also that the vacuum line going to that valve is good all the way to the little electrical solenoid that triggers it. Make sure the other vacuum line that goes to that valve is good too.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need a better description. Is the pipe 1 inch long or 1 inch in diameter? is it really a pipe or a hose? Do you mean the front of the engine (on the left in the eng compartment) or the front of the eng compartment. Do you need to remove the shroud from the top ot the engine, if so , besides the visible nut in back of the shroud, how do you take it off?

I can't find the pipe you're talking about so can you give another description of it

Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the hose number 6 that goes to the number 20 valve. I'm saying to check the vacuum hose that goes from number 20 to the electrical solenoid 2 and the vacuum line going from number 2 back to the engine.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I couldn't figure out from your picture which didn't show much, and your description, what was going on so I had someone fix it. The problem was probably just beyond my ability since I've never seen that car before. I'm going to sell it.
Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.
The picture didn't show much? It showed the entire system that you were enquiring about. Glad you got it fixed anyways.