David L.
David L., VW Technician
Experience:  14 years Nissan/Infiniti with certifications. 8 years VW experience and certified

2003 VW Beetle: The Check Engine Light came..dealership

I have a 2003 VW Beetle. The Check Engine Light came on about a month ago. Took it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the light. It just came back on today. Any idea what it could be?
Category: VW
Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.

Hi....I would like to assist you with your question. Unfortunately the mil light can come on for a countless number of reasons. You would have to have it scanned to see what code is stored in the system . Then I would most likely be able to give you a pretty good idea of whats wrong. You could also try calling the dealer to see what code was present when they erased it. Thanks,David Contact me if you have any further questions regarding this.

Please click Accept if my answer has helped and you are satisfied....positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated!