David L.
David L., VW Technician
Experience:  14 years Nissan/Infiniti with certifications. 8 years VW experience and certified

Throttle Actuator control module performance for a VW TDI 20

Throttle Actuator control module performance for a VW TDI 2004 ? This is what I have been told is wrong ? What does the repair entail and is it a major repair ?
Category: VW
Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.

Hi...I would like to assist you with your question. If you were told the throttle valve control module is faulty I would not be a big repair labor wise , but the part is pretty expensive. Its basically part of your throttle body where the air gets into the engine and has intake tubing connected to it. You can try and have someone remove it and clean it out with carb cleaner, this might fix it. If not it would have to be replaced Thanks, David contact me if you have further question regading this.

Please click accept if my answer has helped and you are satisfied. positive feedback is appreciated

Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.

Number #1 in the picture is what it sould look like.

Please click Accept If you are satisfied with my answer.....Bonuses and positive feedback are Greatly Apreciated!

Edited by quikr83 on 11/4/2009 at 11:28 PM EST