David L.
David L., VW Technician
Experience:  14 years Nissan/Infiniti with certifications. 8 years VW experience and certified
24398480

2000 volkswagen jetta: a blown fuse so the key does not work

2000 volkswagen jetta is locked with a blown fuse so the key does not work.
Category: VW
Expert:  David L. replied 4 years ago.
Hi I would like to assist you with your question if you could clarify your question a little bit. Are you talking about the remote that is on the key?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i think so. fuse that is blown controls interior lights and doors so key will not access anything.
Expert:  David L. replied 4 years ago.
Can you unlock the door with the key by using the door lock cylinder and regular key? If so does the alarm go off or activate by turning door lock cylinder?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no .. cannot get into car at all..
Expert:  David L. replied 4 years ago.
Sounds to me like you might have a problem with the door lock cylinder or the actuator in the drivers door. Regardless if any fuses are blown you should be able to get into the car by putting key into the door. If it is not working that way you will have to get the door opened by using a slim jim kit which a tow company would have or have it towed to a dealer where the could open it then fix what the issue is with the door. If the remote does not open the door either I would try putting new batteries in the remote first and then try hitting the buttons. If that still does not work you will either need a new remote or try havin that one reprogrammed at the dealer. I hope this helps... contact back if you have further questions ....Thanks, David
David L., VW Technician
Experience: 14 years Nissan/Infiniti with certifications. 8 years VW experience and certified