Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

How do you replace a headlight bulb (H7) on a 2006 Passat

Customer Question

How do you replace a headlight bulb (H7) on a 2006 Passat? I have the cover off and electric wire removed, but there is a metal bracket blocking removal of the bulb. Where do i go from here?
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 7 years ago.

Hello Customer ,

Thanks for visiting us Technicians here at Just Answer. I will do all I can to answer your question fully and understandable. If you need more assistance on this matter please just hit reply and do so, you can even reply after hitting accept. If this has solved or helped you understand the fix then my efforts can only be rewarded by hitting the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON. I strive to maintain good feedback so do reply with any form of results.

Thanks Chris

There are 2 different models, hella and valeo. I have just attached the complete info for both so you can have visuals to help in figuring out how to get the bulb out.

We are not allowed to contact through email per the site rules. The answers will be saved on here forever. All you have to do is log back in to see them.