John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience

What does water with flag warning light mean

what does water with flag warning light mean
Sounds like the coolant level is a little low. Try adding some when it is cold and see if the light stops coming on.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Before I accept, is that what the symbol means?
It either means the coolant is low or it is overheating. Since it happens on first start, then i am guessing its just low.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hope it is ok if I ask one more thing, and then I will gladly accept payment to you. Is there something I can either get from VW dealer or somewhere that give the definitions of the warning lights. Some of them just aren't that easy to figure out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hope it is ok if ask one more thing on the same line....Is there something I can get either from the VW dealer or shop that lists the warning light symbols and definitions?Smile
The dealer parts department can order you a new owners manual which will have all the info.