Jake
Jake, VW Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience with VW, Audi, BMW. Factory trained, former Shop Foreman, Service Manager
9204914

How do I cancel the flashing wrench warning light at 10000

Customer Question

How do I cancel the flashing wrench warning light at 10000 miles on a 2009 Jetta Diesel?
I changed the oil myself more often than called by VW, and I know the car computer is flashing the light for an oil change
Category: VW
Expert:  Jake replied 7 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query. Yes, I can help you.

This must be done with a VW capable scanner. Or a VW reset tool. You either need to go to a shop with such equipment or one can be purchased on eBay reasonably.

With a VW/Audi scanner hook up the Data link cable to the 16 pin connector under the dash on the left side. Turn on the key to the on position. Select address word #17 - Instrument cluster. Select function #10 - Adaptation. Select channel #02. Select value 000. That should do it. Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope that I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have any further questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated! If you accept my answer please click on the "ACCEPT“ button by THIS answer.

Thank You!
Jake “THE VW DOCTOR”

Jake, VW Technician
Experience: Over 30 years experience with VW, Audi, BMW. Factory trained, former Shop Foreman, Service Manager
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the answer.
I understand what you are saying will cancel the wrning light permanently.
I meant just canceling the warning until the next period as read by the comtuer based on the odometer.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Vwdiesel,

You almost had it right, you have to hold the 0.0 button BEFORE you turn the key on. So push and hold 0.0 (or the wrench button if it has one) with your right hand, now turn the key on but don't start the car with your left hand, and then immediately hit the min button and the service indicator will reset.

I'm not trying to steal the question from Jake, I think on Audi you do actually have to use the scan tool. Just hit accept next to his name not mine.

Danny
Expert:  Jake replied 7 years ago.
My described method would be to reset the interval untill the next service.

Danny's answer is better, so except his.

Thanks for catching that Danny.