gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

Where is the wiper fuse and relay on a 2006 VW Jetta?

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 7 years ago.
If you don't have the fuse in position 31, then you should have a 30a in position 19 in the fuse box under the hood- you have the "low box" rather than the "high box"- 30 fuse spots instead of 54.
Also, the wipers will NOT operate with the hood open at all.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes and all appear to be good. Do you think that blowing the fuel pump fuse has anything to do with it? I have only tried with the hood closed. I am pretty sure the switch is working because when you engage the washer pump it works just fine
the wipers and washer pump should be on the same fuse- so I think you've got an issue with the hood latch switch.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would that show up on the info display, like when a door is open? Again, do you think that the fuel pump fuse being blown and the wipers not working are related at all or just a coincidence?
I checked on another Jetta- with the low EM box under the hood like yours should have (if you have only 30 numbered fuse locations under the hood) Fuse 19 for the wipers will cut out only the wipers, NOT the washer sprayer. I'd check that fuse for sure, pull it out and look at it, or use a meter on both legs of the fuse while it is installed.
If you have a full Multifunction dash display it should show the entire car, and if one door is open it will highlight it- so if the hood is open it will show that. If you don't have the full display it should at least show the car outline with a "door open" image.
I'm curious as to how the fuel pump fuse blew- as I've never seen one blow this fuse before.