Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

my mk5 golf alarm keeps on going off after it has been standing

my mk5 golf alarm keeps on going off after it has been standing for a few hours. i've had the car battery tested and it's perfect. i've also switched off the internal pir sensor via the b pillar switch. any ideas what is causing this as it's going off in the middle of the night and driving me and my neighbours nuts!
Customer

It's most likely the door latch on the driver's or passenger door. They fail often and it's probably telling the car the door has been opened. If you go to a VW specialist they can look with their scan tool at the last couple things that set the alarm off. It has to be a Vw specific shop to have the correct scan tool though.

Danny