Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

2005 Touareg: my Coolant Overheating light went on and I..vents

I bought my 2005 Touareg used about one month ago. I was just driving home from the store when my "Coolant Overheating" light went on and I noticed that the air coming from the vents was warmer. The temp gage was all the way to the right..on hot...Could this be something minor?...I don't want to drive it until I know what to do...
Thanks in advance
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

This is not something minor, it's probably a failed waterpump or stuck shut thermostat. You need to take the vehicle to a VW repair shop and have it checked out. Where do you live I may know of a shop that specializes in VW in your area.