vwbugman, VW Technician
Experience:  35 years experience on VW air cooled and water cooled repair and restoration

02 Passat, turn signal not working, dealer tells me it is the

02 Passat, turn signal not working, dealer tells me it is the hazard switch, which seems to be true because I can sometimes get the turn signals to work by turning the flashers on and off

Two questions:

Do you agree with the dealer it is the switch or is there a flasher fuse ( fro lack of a better word) causing the problem?

If it is the switch how do you get it ou?

Yes I agree with the dealer . It is a very common problem. You can get the switch out with a very small pocket screwdrive. Get the new switch and you will see the prongs you need to pry on to release the switch. It will come out the front. It is a simple operation and can save you a hundred bucks labor. The switch should run about 25.00. Here is a picture of it .