Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

what is the correct tire pressure for a 2000 vw passat

Customer Question

what is the correct tire pressure for a 2000 vw passat?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

It depends on the engine, transmission, whether it's a sedan or wagon, if it's 4motion, and what wheels came on the car. The sticker that shows recommended tire pressure is on the drivers door jamb area or behind the gas door. There's one pressure for the car with half load and one for full load, if you set it at the full road pressure you'll get a more harsh ride so if you aren't fully loading the car then just go with the half load pressure. Typically it's like 32psi front 36 rear.

If I have answered your question please remember to hit accept so the site will compensate me for my time.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the car is a sedan.   not sure what half load and full load mean.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Basically what I am saying is that there is no way to tell other than looking at the sticker in the drivers door area or on the fuel filler door.
Full load means carrying the maximum amount of people or cargo the car will allow 2000 lbs I beieve.
If you ca't find the sticker just set them at 36 front 42 rear.