adin3
adin3, VW Mechanic
Experience:  AutoZone Manager 3years, Mechanic 10 years
9051600

I have a jetta.(2008) The drl light is on when I turn on my

I have a jetta.(2008) The drl light is on when I turn on my car. It stays on whe vehicle is on. Is it supposed to be on and what is it?
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Thoes like are the Day Time Running Light (DRL) and they stay on when the car is on. Many states require light to be on when the car is running, therefor more and more car companies are adding DRL to make driving safer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light is also on to the left a little bulb, but none of my lights are out. Also, my right passenger door will not lock.
In order to find out why the door won't lock you would have to take off the door panel and find out if the wire fell off or the door lock actuator is out.

" The light is also on to the left a little bulb, but none of my lights are out" - Are you talking about inside, the indicator? If so, that is normal it just an indicator to tell you that the light have been turned on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The light I am talking about is on the panel of car.It is suppose to tell you when a light needs to be replaced. I am going to accept.
That light is an indicator that the DRL have been turned on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not talking about the drl light. This is a little bulb on panel .I am going to accept.
Yes your talking about a light bulb that is on the panel that you can see while sitting driving (while in the actual seat). The light turns on when you turn on your car, it's there to notify you (the driver) that the DRL light have been turned on.

That bulb is NOT an indicator that the bulb/light is out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is the last question. I am not talking about the drl light.
Yes, I know that. You are talking about the light that is on your panel. It's to the left of your speedometer. I know what your talking about, that indicates that the light are on.