Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

how do I remove a ignition switch on a 1990 volkswagon corrado

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

So you're trying to replace the electrical portion of the switch? Have you pulled the splined adapter the steering wheel bolts to off yet? You have to remove the metal portion that the switch is in from the steering column. To remove the spline that the wheel attaches to, you'll see that it has a lip right after the splines, you need to lock vise grips behind that lip and then use a 2 jaw puller to pull the vice grips which will remove the spline adapter. Then you remove the small bolt that holds the steering lock assembly to the steering column.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great almost 1 day late - I already fixed the issue - I will accept this answer because there is nothing more I need that you can assist me with. If I had known the response would be this long, I never would of paid for this service to start with. It said 2 hour max, but did not metion weekends could be longer. Completely dis-satisfied.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

I understand your frustration, I want you to know the feedback you left wasn't for the site it goes on my profile. I don't really feel like I should have the bad mark on my record because I was the first expert who know how to help and posted. That is fine though.