Jake, VW Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience with VW, Audi, BMW. Factory trained, former Shop Foreman, Service Manager

My 1999 Beetle makes a beeping sound and either the brake light

My 1999 Beetle makes a beeping sound and either the brake light or overheating light flashes, but the car is not overheating. All the fluids are good, it just beeps all the time.
Category: VW
Expert:  Jake replied 7 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query. Yes, I can help you.

The brake light comes on and beeps if there is a problem with the ABS system or the fluid is low, the overheat light comes on and beeps if the vehicle is overheating or the coolant is low. So the question is which one is it. If you look in your manual it will direct you to the proper warning light.

I suggest you check the coolant level in the coolant expansion tank and in the brake fluid reservoir, adjust if necessary and see if the light comes back on. If so let me know which light it is and we can proceed.

I hope that I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should you have any further questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback and bonuses are always appreciated! If you accept my answer please click on the "ACCEPT" button by THIS answer.

Thank You!