gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

how do I replace a rt. front turn signal for my vw touareg v6 2004?

Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean the signal bulb in the mirror housing is bad, or the one in the headlight assembly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's the turn signal assembly attached at the base of rt. front side mirror.I have the replacement part but don't know how to replace it. The plastic casement of the turn signal bulb is broken that is why I'm replacing it.

Yes- you will need to disassemble the mirror slightly. First off, you will need some pretty small Torx bits, I think a 7- if you fold the mirror in and look at the end of it that normally is against the body, you will see one that holds that end cap on.

The mirror simply pops off, but you need to make sure you don't bend it at all while removing it- simply pan it all the way to one side, and all the way up or down, and slip your fingers underneath. Pull steadily but carefully and it will pop off- when you get it off you will see how the tabs line up with the assembly ring on the back of the mirror glass.

Inside you will find a bunch of really small headed phillips screws, and some small Torx. These allow you to take the mirror cap off, and once the cap is off the light assembly can be unscrewed from the cap, and everything reinstalled. It's not a difficult job, just keep track of where you put your screws so they don't get lost, and watch how any wiring is routed, there are usually tabs to hold things in place. The mirror glass is heated, so there is a connector on the back of that as well.