gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

How to remove the Immobilizer from Golf 1.6S / 1999/, Reg No

Customer Question

How to remove the Immobilizer from Golf 1.6S / 1999/, Reg No: T556 UUM?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 5 years ago.
There's no way to "remove" the Immobilizer. That's what it is for, to keep people from stealing the car who don't have matching and coded keys.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Don't laugh me dear! Do you believe that I have to bring this car for scrab?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have used this keys for a long time.Two night before, I leaved my car in front of my home. At the next mornig I started the engine but 'Electronic Immobilizer light' flashed permanently. After all, I went at my work place. Later, this stuped system can'n recognize my keys. Obviously, this system have been builded from people who are suffering from Asquired Brain Deficient Syndrom!

I am not a thief, I am only Ph.D.!

Regards

B.Petkov

Sometimes something will happen that will cause the Immobiliser to "forget" a key that is coded to it. Unfortunately, the only person who can re-adapt the keys to the immobiliser is either a dealer (who can get the code anytime) or if you initially stored the 7 digit PIN code that was on a tag on the keys when it was bought new, then someone with a VAG-COM software could do it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Oh,Dear, this dealers have everything instead of any brain! They need from half an hour to do that, but they can't manage two days,still!

Today, I'll investigate this fooolish system,start my car and tomorrow I publish this one on the Net.

Regards

B.Petkov

OK- if you find a way to disable the Immobiliser, please let me know. It's been standard on all VW's for 10 years production now.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear gomi otaku,

I'm sorry but this morning I went to JCT600 Volkswagen Hull and asked them what is the situation of my car. They told me that the reading coil is damaged and they need to order and get it during two days. After that they need to ask Volkswagen in Germany for my PIN to reset my keys!!!!!

I told to them that I need only from my old keys and my damaged car. At the customer parking I cheked on the reading coil. It was OK! Then, I start my car and back home!

As good as a comedy consists of two truths:

The first one is- JST600 Volkwagen Hull are not loyal to their customers. I am one of them, since August last year. I felt that from the very begining.

The second one is- I believed that JCT600 get information from your site. Due to of that I wrote to you some awful words which are meteria rug. I'll never tell that for two nations on all over the world ( Germany and Japan). I know very well their technical level and culture.

You can find a way to disable the Immobiliser in JustAnswer-in this way I met you!

I believe what is created from person can't be a secret!

Regards

B.Petkov

How did you check the reader coil- did you measure the resistance value? If the key is not in the correct position (like if you have a flip type remote key and it flops down and does not stay up) the reader coil sometimes will not read the key accurately. And also, if you were to replace the reader coil, you do not need to reset the keys with the PIN- only if you replace the instrument cluster (which contains the diagnostic interface module and Immobiliser) or the Engine Control Unit (which needs to be adapted to the Immobiliser system) or if you are adding new keys into the system.

I hope you have found a permanent way to keep your Immobiliser from being a problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello

I don't like to remove Immobilizer from my car! I'm interesting in removing as a option only, because the car garages in UK are awful (in the natural country of James Wat it is hard to find one who has a min technical culture)!

Regards

B.Petkov

It can't be made an "option". It is a theft deterrent, and the government doesn't want your car to get stolen, because then it becomes their problem.