Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

how do you take off a vw golf m4 wing mirror

Customer Question

how do you take off a vw golf m4 wing mirror?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Customer

You're talking about the mirrors on the doors? You have to remove the door panel on the inside to start with. The procedure is slightly different for the drivers side door than the passenger side door. On the drivers door where you grab the handle to pull it shut there's a piece of plastic that pops off inside the grab handle. Once that's off you can pull the window plastic off. Here's two pictures they're backwards if your car is right hand drive but should work.

graphic
graphic

So now that that's done there's 3 phillips screws there.

If it's your passenger side door then you remove the handle as shown in this picture and there's 2 screws behind it.

graphic

there's another phillips screw on the door panel near the mirror facing the rear of the door, and there's 3 torx screws at the botto of the door panel. Remove all of those and the panel just pulls off and you can unclip all the electrical connectors to it.

Once that's done you just remove the black plastic right behind the mirror on the inside of the door and the mirror is held to the door with 3 screws I believe. Replace the mirro and put everything back together.

If I have answered your question please remember to hit accept so the site will compensate me, if you need more help let me know.

Danny