MikeT, VW Technician
Experience:  VW dealer registered and certified. 10+years VW/Audi experience. Avid VW enthusiast.

2001 vw new beetle 2.0 gls. Cant remember firing order, coil

Customer Question

2001 vw new beetle 2.0 gls. Cant remember firing order, coil pack is straight not square, cannot find diagrams
Category: VW
Expert:  MikeT replied 7 years ago.

Firing order is 1 3 4 2

If this advise has been helpful, please accept.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that doesnt help me so much... i dont know how to read that on my ignition coul because its not a square its straight....copy and paste the link...its the only one ive seen that looks like mine
Expert:  MikeT replied 7 years ago.
The coil will have A B C D this translates to cyl #1 being A, 2 being B and so on.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is number 1 or A the bottom plug or is A the top plug, and then would i match the second left spark plug to C for 3 so that spark plug number 2 goes into the second from bottom or second from top?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont need to know the firing order, that can be found on google...What I need to know is how to put the wires on in the appropriate firing order. Maybe a diagram concerning the part linked above would help?
Many thanks.

Expert:  MikeT replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the delay.

NUmber 1 wire goes the bottom plug on the coil, 2 goes to the next one up, 3 above that and 4 at the very top.