Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

What is a combi valve and how much should the replacement part be?

Customer Question

what is a combi valve and how much should the replacement part be?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Customer

The combi valve is a small valve mounted on the engine that opens up, allowing air to blow into the exhaust on cold startup to aid in catalytic converter warm-up time. A combi valve is around $200 I think. I'll check for sure in a second. I recommend you take your car to a different mechanic if you've spent that much money throwing parts at your car. The VW specific scan tools such as at the dealer or shops that only work on VW can tell within 5 minutes what the problem is with that system. It sounds like he may be throwing parts at the car, secondly the combi valve if it did fail may have caused the pump to fail as well.

Danny

Danny

Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

It's around $200 I just checked, each dealer sets their own price though so it may be slightly different where you are.

Danny