Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

Where is the fuel pump relay located in a 2003 jetta 2.0

Customer Question

Where is the fuel pump relay located in a 2003 jetta 2.0?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

Above the pedals there is a relay panel, you'll need to remove the side dash trim (it just pops right off) and then the 3 torx screws where the dash trim meets the black panel above the foot pedals, then you can remove that black trim panel.

Fuel pump relay is in the #4 position. What problem is your car experiencing and do you have fault codes? The fuel pump relay almost never completely fails and causes the vehicle to not run, it normally starts to fail, the light comes on, and it has codes for short to ground on the fuel injectors among other things.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The diagram that is above does not look like the relay panel in my car. I have all of this off right now. The car is a 2003 jetta wagon 2.0
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
I just looked it up by vin, same illustration. There are blank spots, the fuel pump relay should be 4th on the top from the left including blank spots and probably also says 409 on it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes thank you very much the diagram does not look the same but in the mean time i called some local VW dealerships and talked to their parts department and got the 409 number on the top...the parts store sold me the wrong relay
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Glad I could help, thanks so much. Hope this solves your problem. Have a great day and please remember the accept button when you are through so the site will compensate me.