Jake, VW Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience with VW, Audi, BMW. Factory trained, former Shop Foreman, Service Manager

VW Golf mk5 bonnet stuck, cable pulls fine, can hear it opening,

Customer Question

VW Golf mk5 bonnet stuck, cable pulls fine, can hear it opening, but the bonnet doesn't pop up. Car needs oil so need to get in asap!
Category: VW
Expert:  Jake replied 7 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query. Yes, I can help you.

Typically when the release lever and cable appear to be working, but the bonnet will not "pop" up, I bang on the back corner of the hood with my fist while pulling on the lever. This will usually jiggle the latch enough to allow the bonnet to "pop" up. If not, have one person pulling the lever, while a second pushs down first, then pull up on the bonnet.

I hope I have answered your questions and addressed your concerns. Should require any further assistance on the matter, please do not hesitate to ask. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

Positive feedback, referrals and bonuses are always appreciated! If you decide to accept this answer, please click the ACCEPT button by THIS answer.

Thank You!