vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.

I need a wiring diagram for a 2002 jetta tdi, I have a battery

I need a wiring diagram for a 2002 jetta tdi, I have a battery drain that I am trying to locate. Appears to be coming from 2nd red wire from the left on the battery fuseable links. Disconnected all of the fuses one at a time with a light across the ground and the light never went out. Tried 2 relays behind the air filter, but they did not cause the light to go out. What other relays could be stuck open.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwnewton replied 7 years ago.
Hello, Jason here to help. There are several fuses and relays at your feet behind the panel above the pedals. The 2nd red wire from the left feeds the interior relay panel Im describing. The amount of draw in these cars maximum is .05ma after 30 minutes of testing. This really cant be tested properly without a voltmeter/ampmeter capable of 15amps testing current. The test light technique works well in the earlier rigs but a lot of times on these newer rigs the computers and relays never see ground due to the bulb and will remain on or reset there on position(computers especially) and remain a draw. I would park in a dark area and test the interior lights function. With door shut and unlocked, examine interior and trunk for lights on. The switches for the interior lights are in the latches in the door. They are problematic and can come on in the middle of the night. Let me know if this is helping, Jason
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, this is not lights coming on, this is a heavy draw, at least 5 volts across ground, which I admit includes the ECM probably. Does someone have a wiring diagram from Bentley.
Expert:  vwnewton replied 7 years ago.
How are you testing to get 5 volts across ground? A test light, a volt meter? Here is the power distribution diagram for the second wire on the left, battery fuses.These are O.E wiring, track style, Good luck. Jason Let me know if more is needed.