David, VW Master Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician Certified for 9 years, ASE Master Technician Certified

I have a 2000 volkswagen beetle and the alarm wont disable

I have a 2000 volkswagen beetle and the alarm wont disable when i unlock the door how do i diable the alarm
Category: VW
Expert:  David replied 7 years ago.
The alarm should automatically disable when you open the door, if it is not, then the drivers door lock (Latch) is faulty, there are several contact switches built into the lock, when they fail this can happen. You can try this, open the trunk before you open the door, leave the trunk open and then try to start the car. Once the car starts, close the trunk. The trunk should also disable the alarm while it is open, if you close the trunk before you start the car, it will rearm itself. If this works, you will need to replace the door lock.