MikeT, VW Technician
Experience:  VW dealer registered and certified. 10+years VW/Audi experience. Avid VW enthusiast.

I have a 1.8 liter volkswagen commercial grade engine in a

Customer Question

I have a 1.8 liter volkswagen commercial grade engine in a spray coupe, that after I put a rebuild carb on it today it wouldn't start after it finally did it would only run wide open, but the real problem was it was blowing engine oil out of the breather tube and fill cap on top of the valve cover.
Category: VW
Expert:  MikeT replied 7 years ago.

Excess crankcase pressure is caused by a plugged crankcase breather hose. Is there a facotry baffle in the valve cover? Perhaps your PCV valve is plugged.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this is a differet setup the crankcase breather hose runs up to the bottom of the air filter base. then back to the carb so it is pumping engine oil back into the carb.
Expert:  MikeT replied 7 years ago.
Ok well im going to opt out and let one of the other experts give advise.