Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

The boot on my vw bora wont open i think its the lock sole

The boot on my vw bora wont open i think its the lock solenoid?
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

You refer to the boot as the hood above the engine is that correct? Or are you talking about the trunk? Sorry about the language confusion.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am talking about the trunk, sorry about that
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.

Not a problem, small language barrier haha. Ok, so have you tried opening it with the key? Are you attempting to use the key fob or the switches on the door? Try both ways. If it won't work either way then you have to crawl into the trunk and open it either with the handle if they equipped it with an emergency handle in your country or you have to remove the trunk trim. The trunk trim has one or two screws and then just pops off. Then you can manually open the trunk at the latch and continue diagnosis from there.