Christopher
Christopher, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Body Electrical Specialist, Expert Level Technician
10218570

2004 Jetta Radio will not turn on. Fuses checked good.

No Comment Added
Category: VW
Expert:  Christopher replied 8 years ago.

Sometimes this little goofy thing will happen, i have not found out exactly what happens.

The fix that i found to work about 99% of the time is to remove the radio, unplug the wiring harness from the rear of the radio, remove the fuse under the connector. make sure the mini 10amp fuse is not blown and plug it back in, plug the wiring harness back in and push the power button on the radio, it should turn on. If you need the radio code, before pushing the radio back in, write the serial number down (serial number will look like vwz5z........) and post it here i will supply you with your security code.

here are the radio keys you will need to remove the radio:

http://www.zdmak.com/wbstore/main.asp?action=PROD&PROD=T10057&CTMP=1&LowCt=0

Goodluck!

Please click accept, Feedback is always appreciated!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So there is an additional 10 amp mini fuse in the rear of the radio. Do these radio keys come with instructions? I'm used to the decks you can buy and install at electronics stores.

the keys might come with instructions, but if you look in each corner of the radio you will see 4 slots to stick the keys into, you will want to stick the angled side towards the radio and you will feel them click into place, and simply pull on them. The radio will slide right out.

As, for the connector harness locate the bottom portion of the connector you will notice a little stub sticking out a bit, push down on this piece and it will rotate up and unclip.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the additional and timely info. Now I just have to wait for the radio keys to arrive.
ok sounds good, dont forget to give me an update!