Emull11
Emull11, VW Technician
Experience:  master tech, with both VW and Audi and still going strong!! With more than 10 years!!
10392982

Locate the low side a/c service port on 2003 vw jetta tdi?

Where can I locate the low side a/c service port on 2003 vw jetta tdi?
Category: VW
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer!!
The high and low side connectors should be right next to each other, they should have a black dust cap on them, they just screw off and then put the connector on.
Emull11, VW Technician
Experience: master tech, with both VW and Audi and still going strong!! With more than 10 years!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot find 2 connectors right next to each other. I found one connector at the front of the car, and one next to the firewall near the passanger side. The firewall one was too large for the a/c recharge fitting, so I figured that this one might have been the high one. The one at the front of the car fir properly, but the pressure maxed out the gauge, so I figured that it could not be the low one seeing that it should (if any charge left) be below 65psi
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
does the ac actually turn on and run? and what is the outside temp?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The ac turns on (light goes on and off on dash), but I get no cold air out of the vents. I checked for a bad fuse, but none were burnt. The temp outside is around 90.
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
ok sounds like you have a low charge, you said that the pressure on the low side was at 65psi? right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I said from reading that I should get a reading around 65psi. The valve that the gauge fit on maxed the gauge out at almost 200psi, so I figure that that was the high connector, I cannot find the low connector to even get a reading.
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
what kind of gauges you using a full set or a 134a recharge kit? It would ne easier to communicate if you pm me
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.

graphic

Number 16 is your low side connection is this the one that you are on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, but I was getting a reading that was maxing out the gauge on that one.
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
Ok and the vehicle was off at this time?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No the car was running, ac on high - we can chat quick if you want to e-mail me atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX (I don't use PM or IM)
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.

ok what is the high side reading by chance?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think that I might not have had the gauge on correctly. You answered my question fine by sending me the schematic. If by chance you can send the legend for the numbers in the picture, I would appreciate it. Then we can wrap up and I will accept the charges seeing that you answered the question.

Thanks
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.
Im having a problem sending you the lengend to the pick if you tell me which ones i can tell you them, or would you like the major components?
Expert:  Emull11 replied 6 years ago.

#3- receiver dyer

7- a/c pressure switch or high pressure switch

12- expansion valve or H-block

16- low side connection

18- high side connection

20- evaporator located in heater box in the dash

28- condensor

29- compressor

33- pressure relief valve

34- ac clutch

your normal ac low pressure should be around 22-36 psi within 30secs of turning on

your normal high side pressure should be around 232 psi within 30 secs of turning on