Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2011 Volvo XC60. The warning light for the airbag

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Volvo XC60. The warning light for the airbag comes on and says "SRS Airbag Service Urgent". It only comes on in hot weather and goes away in cool weather. From what I can read on many forums it is related to the "Closing Velocity Module" on the dash, perhaps when it gets too hot. My dealer thinks I should replace the CVM ($865) and told me that my airbags won't work if the SRS Airbag warning is showing. This doesn't sound right to me and I am not sure replacing the CVM will fix the problem if the car continues to sit in the sun outside the garage. Opinions?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 11 days ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

On the first part, it is true that if the Airbag/SRS warning light is on that in the event of an accident the airbags will not deploy. This system is disabled when a fault is registered. This is to prevent unintentional deployment of the airbag while driving down the road due to fault in the system.

As to the issue, did the dealer tell you what the fault code number or definition is that they retrieved when they checked the system?

Expert:  Eric replied 10 days ago.

Unless you have any other questions on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you