Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

The front & rear lights on my 2012 Volvo c70 remain on any

Customer Question

The front & rear lights on my 2012 Volvo c70 remain on any time the car is on, no matter what position the headlight switch is in.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Headlights, taillights, etc.
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have tried is placing the switch in different positions but nothing changes. I do not know what else to do - the manual offers no help for this.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well, I bought the Volvo c70 used about 6 months ago and I noticed this irregularity with the lights plus, when I press down on the accelerator to go around a car (for example) the car hesitates, the BIS lights flash on mirrors, the red warning lights at the sides of the instrument panel flash on/off once, then the car accelerates; also, at various time when I start the car the driver's side exterior mirror has drastically changed position - up or down, in or out. I don't know if all this related and is part of a computer problem ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your questions today. As for the lights, that is normal operation. The dealership can program different settings for the light switch to allow you to turn the lights off when in position 0.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 month ago.

If the car is hesitating when passing, you will need to have fault codes read to see if there are any faults detected. How many miles are on the car?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 month ago.

As for the mirror being in a different position, this is most likely a problem with the door module not storing the correct position. But again, fault codes will help here.