Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a code p0602 and p0705. The car runs...but wants to

Customer Question

HI, I have a code p0602 and p0705. The car runs...but wants to stall when stopped at lights etc.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Traffic lights, or stop signs.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2003 s40
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Also have codes p0015 and p0107. Probably will try to fix myself. so far just pulled the codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Have you done any of the diagnostic steps for these codes, or do you need those steps?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not done anything yet, just pulled the codes. Wondering if I can fix this at home or it will have to go to a shop. I can change brakes to timing belts on cars. Are the codes related? is a bad MAP sensor causing the rest? Is the P0705 causing the p0602, or is it the other way around, or they both unrelated? The timing belt is due for change (232,000 km) as well. Wondering if it is worth fixing. So I have 4 codes in all, P0015, P0107, P0602, P0705. I will wait for your response. Thanks.

Here are the diag steps for these codes to see if they are related.

0015 is going to be low oil pressure or a faulty camshaft reset valve.

0107 is going to be a wiring concern to the boost pressure sensor #2 or the sensor is bad.

0602 I can not find this code.

0705 most of the time comes out to be a faulty transmission range sensor.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris