Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

I have a 2011 XC60 T6 which has a humming sound coming from

Customer Question

I have a 2011 XC60 T6 which has a humming sound coming from the rear end. It's loudest around 50 MPH, but subsides when I go faster. It sounds just like the case I am looking at on your site. The mechanic mentioned a technical bulletin for the other person with this problem.
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I will not fix it myself. I have not done anything so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc0xwscde5pnync/PROPELLER%20SHAFT%20WHINE%20NOISES.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks