Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Trying to remove the tail lamp assembly of a 2016 xc70.

Customer Question

Trying to remove the tail lamp assembly of a 2016 xc70. Can't figure out how to take the interior panels off to get access?
JA: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the replacement part. I see how I need to loosen the rear bumper panel and also that the tail lamp assembly as three nuts. But I can only take a very small section of the interior panel off and not sure how to get the rest of it out of the way?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Is the bulb that needs replaced on the lift gate? If so, did you take the screws out of the side of the assembly that you can see, and the small screw on the side of the interior panel where it bolts to the lift gate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, the entire tail light assembly is broken. I have the replacement assembly and need to replace it.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Alright, I follow you, there is one screw in the interior panel on the side that screws into the lift gate, along with 2 screws on the side of the liftgate that attaches the assembly on the side, so a total of 3 screws that you can see on the side, do you have those out yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let's just end this. I found a YouTube video that shows all of the interior panel work I need to remove in order to get to those screws. Thank you.
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Alright, Thank you!