Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

The parking brake on my 2009 Volvo XC90 won't hold. The

Customer Question

The parking brake on my 2009 Volvo XC90 won't hold. The goodyear mechanic mentioned something about a modification and suggested I go to the Volvo dealership.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: Brakes have been redone at least twice. Pads, rotors, etc. were all checked out yesterday in advance of an inspection. The brakes themselves work fine and I am told have life left.
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I use a Goodyear mechanic for some stuff and an independent Volvo mechanic for some stuff
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Goodyear guy said that the e brake wires were fine and that the mechanism was functioning but not putting enough pressure on the brakes. He found some service note on the internet referring to some modicification that was necessary to solve what is apparently a fairly common problems.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. Did the Goodyear mechanic remove the rotors and inspect the parking brake shoes and hardware?