Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My XC60 T5 2014 is not responding well when I push

Customer Question

My XC60 T5 2014 is not responding well when I push accelerator to the end. When I am stoped in a slope and release the breaks the car and accelerate, it takes a while to get engine to hold the car and the car even fell down a little. What is the reason ? Is it some kind of sensor ?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is really about lack of response to acceleration. For example: at 20 mph, if I suddenly push the pedal to the end, there is no instant reaction at all from the car. It takes like 1 second for the engine to start reacting.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
chassis code.... YV1DZ475BE2527082
Expert:  Pete replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the accelerator pedal sensor itself at the gas pedal.This sensor can send a false signal or no signal at all intermittently and cause this issue you see here.I have seen several of these fail in the past before and the accelerator pedal had to be replaced as an assembly to correct this fault.

What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The scan tool is also used to monitor the accelerator pedal sensor to see if it is sending a false signal when this occurs.But I do suspect this is most likely the cause here with what you have described.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete