Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

My daughter is driving a volvo v 50 and panel lights going

Customer Question

my daughter is driving a volvo v 50 and panel lights going off and on. is she in danger of car dying she is on the interstate coming home
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

I m sorry to hear about the issue she is having with it

1- if possible let her get off the interstate and find advance auto or auto zone and let them check the battery & the alternator they do it for free?

if the battery is needed , they change for free, if alternator is needed then that will need a repair shop to replace alternator but if the told here battery good and alternator charging , then let her keep driving it home

2- the instrument panel in these Volvo are a common failure issue , if the instrument cluster is flickering because it went bad itslef , then she will be fine

driving it, but we need to know is the cluster flickering because of the a battery bad not taking a charge or alternator not charging .

Please let me know if that works for you or you need additional help

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hey How are you ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat