Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2000 V70 has a multitude of warning lights that come on once

Customer Question

2000 V70 has a multitude of warning lights that come on once the car has been on for a few minutes --- started with the brake warning and is now up to the engine light --- had my mechanic test this with is "gadget" but the code that came on was unknown to him. Yes it has just over 100000
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: Starts intermittent then stays on --- lights did clear when we disconnected the battery overnight but then came on again Brake fluid? it has several light on not just the brake
JA: Are you fixing your V70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to my usual mechanic --- He said he had read something about an antennae at the ignition /key area
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am looking for the cost on this website.....
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Can I get the codes which are stored?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hmmmm will contact my service person.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 17 days ago.

Super

Once I know the codes I can help more. For now a brake light on could be low brake fluid or a parking brake applied, or either of those sensors reading wrong.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No help from my mechanic...he suggests I take it to the dealership....let's cancel

I can help you avoid the dealer since your mechanic is not helping. I just need to know the codes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He can't remember to codes --- he did not charge me at the time as he was selling his business and has done so now...
so no codes available
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We need to cancel this correspondence

You have to do that from your end by contacting the website.