Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

New owner of a 2004 C70 with top issues. Will not open.

Customer Question

New owner of a 2004 C70 with top issues. Will not open. Don't know where to start..
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: OK, that's a good start. There's no hum or gear noise, so that seems like the place to start! Thank you.....Jim
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, myself. T Started by communicating with you>>>
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now....will reconnect later. thanks
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common fault is an issue with one of the micro switch sensors that sends a signal on what position the roof is in.If one of these sensors is sending an incorrect signal this fault here occurs that you see.

What will have to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this fault here.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.The compatible scan tool is also used to monitor the limit switch/sensor positions to locate one that is faulty needing replaced as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete