Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

After jumping my battery on my 2012 Volvo S60, I now cannot

Customer Question

After jumping my battery on my 2012 Volvo S60, I now cannot get it to start even though I have power. How do I get it to start now?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No sir.
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery is fine. We disconnected it, then reconnected it. Jumped it. And all electrical systems are working. The car just won't start. Previously there was a "fix" where we had to do something inside the car, but I can't remember the fix.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No sir. Just trying to figure it out.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if it starts then as sometimes this works here.If this is or was attempted and did not correct the fault let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This did not work. When I had it jumped by a towtruck driver previously there was a trick inside the car we had to do. Any ideas on that?
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

Unfortunately I do not see any tricks or tips to get this started when this fault occurs here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete