Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2010 xc90 with 105k miles on it. over the last 18k

Customer Question

i have a 2010 xc90 with 105k miles on it. over the last 18k miles i have noticed a bearing hum that is getting louder. Thought it was a wheel bearing but dealer says i need a new rear end.
differential? $5500! Iwould rather go used if I have to do it. Don't think rear ends are supposed to go so soon. Where to find used?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 5 months ago.

yes you are correct and volvo dealer is correct also is\ bad rear differential and price is high and used they also expensive and they dont less to much also very hard to find used with low miles you can email ***@******.*** in chicago he can get you new cheaper than you can buy from volvo i think he can get you used also and ship you he is private volvo tech but sales lot parts for volvo

please rate positive answer or press green accept this will keep us locked and you can reply much faster to me .