Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2000 Volvo S80 2.8l dead, no electrical power in & out of

Customer Question

2000 Volvo S80 2.8l dead, no electrical power in & out of the car
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked or tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I'm stuck, the battery ok,fuses ok
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I saw your question was closed out.Did you still want help with this here at all?

Let me know so we can continue either way.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sure, my 2000 Volvo S80 2.8l is dead, no electrical power
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this myself here but I can continue here.

If you have not inspected the battery cables to see if any are corroded or damaged or even loose this should be done first.I have seen this as one of the main causes for a completely dead battery.If these are or were checked and found o.k. double check and see if the battery is o.k. It may have enough voltage in the battery but not enough amperage and this can indicate a faulty battery needing replaced.In some cases you can tell by jump starting it.If it starts then,then the battery usually needs replaced.

If both of these are or were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked the battery, fuses,they are ok,but still no electrical power at all.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Did you check the battery cables as well at the battery as well as leading from the battery for any issues at all needing repaired/corrected?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I checked the fuses, I got 12.5v, if I press the remote, I hear it clicking inside the car, but no electrical power
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to get the fault codes checked/read out at all using a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tired, nothing happens. No power.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

This is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Enes replied 2 months ago.

looks you have bad so called cem module that must programmed to car and cost is around 1200 not cheap ut they go bad a lot