Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

What could be causing my ABS and DSA lights to be on on my

Customer Question

what could be causing my ABS and DSA lights to be on on my dashboard of my 2001 Volvo s40?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay thank you. I also posted another question about the same vehicle.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from ABS Module to narrow it down .

If you get it scanned and get fault codes you can post them back here for me and I can help you further with it

It could be any of these issue listed below ,also I sent you a picture of the components in the system

1. Brake pedal 2. Brake light switch 3. Power brake booster 4. Tandem master cylinder 5. ABS module (electrical control unit together with hydraulic system) 6. Brake pressure limiter rear wheels (only model year -1997) 7. Parking brake 8. Parking brake cable 9. Brake caliper 10.Sensors 11.Pulse wheel 12.ABS warning light 13.Parking brake warning light 14.Brake fluid warning light

Please let me know if that works for you or you need additional assistance ?

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no codes are showing up for these lights on my dash

You have an ABS light on now right ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the DSA light, the triangle with the car swerving. But, when we run the diagnostics nothing shows up for those. just that my system is running rich and my mass airflow sensor

The reason why no code show up and you are getting basically engine code because your scanner is not capable of reading a Volvo ABS module to retrieve those faults codes, with a Volvo scanner you will get these codes codes in the abs system that is causing the lights on dash.

What you are reading now is only engine fault codes and that is all yiou reader can do, is read Engine Control Module only not ABS module .

Please let me know if that explain it for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat