Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 2009 volvo keeps blowing the passenger side rear cab air

Customer Question

My name is ross. My 2009 volvo keeps blowing the passenger side rear cab air bag. On 5th one. Please no more
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 729000 miles. 1 month and half
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 2009
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Vin number 9n268763. Big sleeper volvo
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just replace the bag. My mechanic. Dont know what to do either. I suggested putting strsps around it so it wont extend to far. Like trl shocks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just frustrating. 5 bags in a month. They are correctly installed. Maybe the whole csb is moving. Clunks when turning. Bushings worr out in front.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be caused by weight shift or vehicle level issues here.I would have the supension bushings and body mounts inspected and the overall level of the vehicle to see if it is sagging on one side with a good air bag installed.This is usually the cause for repeat failures like this here with damaged drive train or suspension components at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete