Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Climate control is intermittent. Some days turning the

Customer Question

Climate control is intermittent. Some days turning the manual knob up and down does nothing. no fan whatsoever working. Then days later all will start working again. I'm not sure if it is the fan blower motor and resistor, or the climate control module behind the dash
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yep truck runs just fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2010 xc90
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i will be i've done nothing yet, was about to dig under the dash to replace the motor when all of a sudden all started working again for a couple days. Leads me to believe it's not the motor or resistor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Cary York replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Sounds like a blower resistor. When it is working does it sometimes stop blowing and then start back?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it's pretty consistent either nothing works at all or everything works nominally as it should. It will function for a few days and then not function at all for a few days.

When it is blowing does the air flow out the proper vents and can you control the vent selection?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what it is working it is all working properly. When it's not working nothing works. The lights on the dash light up but no fan blowing.

I have to go. I will opt out so another expert can help.