Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

A Chevy fob is not my problem. My problem involves a 2000

Customer Question

A Chevy fob is not my problem. My problem involves a 2000 Volvo S80 & the fob no longer unlocks trunck or doors...
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Took fob apart & didn't find any battery, just electronics...
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Initially thought it might be fob battery, but like said, no battery was evident. And yes, trying to see if it might be something simple enough to take care of myself. Knowing Volvo repairs of any kind are quite expensive.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time & thanks! My maternal grandmother's name was Pearl. Never met another...;-)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can indicate the fob itself has an internal electrical fault causing this issue here needing replaced.I have seen several fobs in the past before fail like this here needing replaced.The electronics may appear o.k. in the fob but the fob itself will fail with all electronics appearing o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete