Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 2004 won't start, apparently the security system will not

Customer Question

My 2004 won't start, apparently the security system will not disengage, originally thought to be the crank shaft sensor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the anti theft engaged when driving and caused this here this usually indicates a fault with a control unit/ecu that has caused the sudden failure.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete